Wednesday, July 1, 2009



There's a spot Downtown that I love as you are crossing over the 110 freeway heading into the city...suddenly you are standing over the hum of traffic and the buildings all rise up into view. The whir below and the shimmering buildings above conjure up a feeling of optimism in my early morning walk.

Today I observed a man taking pictures in the very same place and I had to stop...how strange we must have looked on the side of a busy street talking about the view...of buildings. Yet we did. I was so excited to share an appreciation of something so obscure with a kind stranger in the midst of the city landscape. He let me take this shot of him with his camera in the sun. I hope I see him there again, and to maybe one day to see his images taken in the same magnificent spot.

3 comments:

  1. Have photos of this spot to send you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris! That would be great! I don't know how to contact you, but my email address is sarah.zimny@gmail.com. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete